Monday, September 9, 2013

Salmon Tacos


Things can get busy even when you are retired.  On Wednesday I had planned on having Salmon with Acorn Squash and Brown Rice for dinner but the Salmon wasn’t thawed out so we went to One Hot Mama’s for dinner.  On Thursday evening I had to do the shopping for the Snack Shack in the evening so we got a chicken from Sam’s club for dinner.  On Friday at 5:30 there is Meet and Greet and usually it last about an hour but this time it we finally left at 8:30.  Well the Salmon was still in the refrigerator, needing to be cooked, and we were not really hungry but the Salmon HAD to be cooked tonight.  What to do???  I decided to make Salmon Tacos.   So I took the Salmon sprinkled it with some Sea Salt, some fresh ground Pepper and a little Dill Weed and baked it at 350°for 20 minutes.   Then I made a sauce for the taco.  I took a ¼ C of Mayonnaise*, ½ tsp Dill Weed and 1 tsp Dill Relish mixed it together.  When the fish was done we took a warmed Tortilla put a little sauce on it, put some Salmon on and sprinkled some Cheddar Cheese on top.  They were very good and a fast, easy meal.  You could add other toppings if you wanted.  I would suggest some shredded Lettuce, chopped Tomatoes, perhaps a little Hot Sauce.  

  • In the South, I found Duke’s Mayonnaise and it reminds me of the Homemade  Mayonnaise.  It is rich, thick and very tasty.  I highly recommend this product.

Salmon Tacos

8 oz Salmon Filet (with skin on)
Sea Salt TT*
Fresh Ground Black Pepper TT*
Dill Weed TT*

Sauce:

¼ C Mayonnaise (I use Duke’s)
½ tsp Dill Weed
1 tsp Dill Relish

4 6” Tortillas, warmed
½ C Shredded Cheddar Cheese

  1. Preheat oven to 350°.
  2. Season Salmon with Sea Salt, Fresh Ground Pepper and Dill Weed.
  3. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish easily flakes.
  4. In separate bowl mix the Mayonnaise, Dill Weed and Dill Relish.
  5. Spread a Tortilla with a scant teaspoon of sauce.
  6. Add ¼ of the Salmon and top with Cheese.

Suggested Toppings: Shredded lettuce, Hot Sauce, Salsa

* TT (To Taste)


No comments:

Post a Comment